A little about us
On January 31 1939 local gentlemen sat down to organize the Carey Conservation League The next full membership meeting was held on February 14 1939 with 41 members in attendance.
March 30 1959 Members Nelson Stover ,John Welsh and Ray Peiffer were named as subscribers to the articles of incorporation to what we now call The Carey Conservation and Sportsman's Association, now having over 1256 active members .
Over the years we have hosted many trout derbies and fishing derbies .
We provide many activities for members and families such as Fishing ,Camping ,Trap shooting , Still shoots ,.22 Shoots , Black Powder Shoots and hand gun CCW instruction. On two firing ranges
The Grounds not only has camping Fishing and shooting but has a clubhouse with full canteen with banquet hall , a volley ball court, horseshoe pits, playground ,picnic shelter house , a three acre Fishing pond and a newly added swimming pond
Every year we host hunters Safety Courses given by the Department of Natural Resources and also Boy Scout and Girl scout outings
Are presently working on a Archery program with target range
Partial Club Motto :: for the accommodation , convenience , pleasure and entertainment of members for the betterment and promotion of conserving natural resources, outdoor recreational activities , and doing things necessary and incident thereto.
Thanks to the vision of the gentlemen back in 1939 the Carey Conservation has been a fun and educational place to be a member for many years.